Monday, May 17, 2010

“The Irish - Be they kings, or poets, or farmers, They're a people of great worth, They keep company with the angels, And bring a bit of heaven here t

I can't believe the gorgeous view I have at our hotel Bella Vista. It was great waking up to it this morning. I was so well rested but that didn't stop me from passing out on the bus. This trip is taking so much out of me, but I don't care I'm having so much fun.

We first visited Red FM radio station and it was absolutely enthralling. A few speakers told us about the radio station. One speaker named Eilish, was fluent in the native Irish language. She was speaker so quickly about different things in Irish and I was sitting there in awe. It was so awesome to hear that radio stations here are required to broadcast advertisements in Irish and in English. 

The whole atmosphere of the station was so relaxed, and all of them were fairly young. And surprisingly only one person there we met had a background in communications. Its been a trend here lately that a lot of people we speak to do not have degrees in communications. Well, they are good at what they are doing, so they are doing something right!

Afterwards we were on our way to the Blarney Castle. It was so amazing. The scenic views around the grounds were absolutely breathtaking. We walked through a part of the castle that lead to the dungan. I hit my head about four or five times because the ceilings were no more than four feet tall. And when we got to the end of the dungan area, there were names painted all over the walls, and it was really creepy. 

Then we started our journey up the steps to the Blarney Castle, and to the Blarney Stone. The stairs were so narrow, and me being a klutz didn't help, so I slipped a lot. But we finally made it up to the top after a little while and again the views were so breath taking. Then it was time to kiss the stone! It was so terrifying because it isn't what I thought it would be.. 

First off, it's not a stone off the top of a cliff like I was told before. Its a stone inside of the wall of the castle, and you have to hang over the edge to kiss it. There were metal bars for you to hold onto, and a man there holding us up. I almost kiss the wrong stone too! But I kissed the Blarney Stone! How many of you can say that??

After that we ventured down and went on a shopping spree. I'm almost done with buying presents for everyone. Having a large family is hard, and buying stuff for Jon and his family was hard too. But I won't complain because I love them all and can't wait to see them when I get back.

That was pretty much it for the day 

No comments:

Post a Comment