Tuesday, May 18, 2010

"May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light, May good luck pursue you each morning and night."- Irish Blessing

Words to describe today:
-Wet
-Cold
-Uncomfortable
-Foggy

We started off at 8:30 a.m. and I had to eat my breakfast so quickly because it came out at 8:26 a.m.! Anyways, we hopped on our bus, and an hour and a half later arrived in the town where our hotel is at. But wait, we didn't stop there.

We stopped at the Kerry Bog Museum which was like a tiny little village set up to mimic what old towns would look like. There were houses with blacksmiths, and peasant workers. There were also live horses on the property behind fences. They didn't look too happy, but I can't blame them, the weather was sort of depressing. 

I walked around, and eventually spent more time in the gift shop than I did at the actual museum. I picked up a few more gifts, but I don't know how I'm going to be able to fit them in my suitcase. I hope it all works out. 

We drove, and drove, and drove and drove. We drove forever through Killarney and saw some beautiful sights. Too bad it wasn't great weather, the pictures aren't going to be as good as I would have liked them to be. But a slight drizzle here in Ireland, can get soak you in a matter of 30 seconds. And the fog was so thick out, I could barely see 5-feet in front of me. 

I managed to get a few good shots, a few panoramas, and some pictures of myself in front of the beautiful lakes and valleys. All in all I was sad the weather was nice, but I guess you can't ask for too much of the Irish weather. It's temperamental, and I don't blame it. 

We stopped once more for lunch. I wasn't hungry so I shopped some more, and finally got all my shopping done! Yeah right, I'll probably get some more things to shove into my already full suitcase. 

A few stops, some scenic foggy and grey pictures, and 10-hours later, here we are at our hotel. It's pretty nice, but I'm sad Caiti, Micky, and I got split up again. But we are only here for two nights, so I guess it isn't so bad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment